Welcome! You are inside the mind of the Atlas team.
We write about current topics that will help you learn more about communication, international promotion, digital marketing and new technologies.
€186 million to promote agri-food products inside and outside EU, in 2024
The 2024 Annual Work Programme to promote EU agri-food products is out now.
The EU is allocating €186 million to promote agri-food products in and outside EU
The European Commission has released the Annual Work Programme providing all the details for submitting applications in 2024 to promote agri-food products in internal markets and third countries.
Atlas is an international marketing agency with extensive experience in REA promotion programmes, both in strategy and implementation and execution of these, so let us share the most crucial highlights with you!
Funds for promoting sustainable and high-quality EU agri-food products
In 2024, the European Commission will allocate €185.9 million for activities aimed at enhancing the quality of sustainable agri-food products within the EU and abroad.
The European Commission co-funds up to 80% of the selected projects and the chosen promotion campaigns will focus products cultivated through sustainable farming practices.
Our latest agri-food promotion programmes executed by Atlas showcase the European and sustainable scope of the promoted products. Within the project’s activities, the programme follows a specific strategy according to the beneficiaries' interests and selected target markets. But, what are the requirements for those organisations willing to apply to a REA agri-food promotion programme in 2024?
Key objectives of the 2024 Promotion Policy
- The promotion policy seeks to increase the consumption and production of sustainable agricultural products, aligning with political priorities to create new opportunities for EU farmers and expand the European food industry.
- The consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables will play a crucial role, being recognized as essential ingredients of a balanced diet.
- Organic products will also play a more prominent role, with a focus on those contributing to reducing dependency on pesticides and antimicrobials, minimizing fertilization and water pollution, lowering greenhouse gas emissions, enhancing organic farming and improving animal welfare.
- The idea is to make more people aware of the EU's quality schemes that ensure food safety and protect Europe's culinary traditions. Right now, there are more than 3,500 products registered as protected designation of origin (PDO), protected geographical indication (PGI) and traditional specialty guaranteed (TSG) guaranteeing they meet specific standards.
Internal markets and third countries amount split
The funding for the chosen campaigns in 2024 is distributed between promoting within the EU internal market and targeting third countries. It will be divided into the following sections:
Simple programmes: Total €92 million
- For internal market programmes: €41,1 million
- For third countries programmes: €45,9 million
Multi programmes: Total €84,4 million
- For internal market programmes: €40,2 million
- For third countries programmes: €39,2 million
Are you thinking about submitting a programme and you need a partner? Reach out to us so that we can help you to find the perfect partner! In Atlas we have more than 2,000 contacts that could match your interests in your international promotion strategy for the submission of your application in 2024.
2024 Call for proposals and Info Days
The call for proposals to submit the new campaigns will be available from 18 January to 24 May and is managed by the European Research Executive Agency (REA).
On 31 January and 1 February, an Info Day will be held in Brussels to raise awareness of the eligibility criteria and to learn about the experience of other beneficiaries of co-financed programmes. Our international team will be there on those days so don’t hesitate to schedule a meeting with us using this link!
These funds for the promotion of agri-food products can be the perfect opportunity for your international promotion strategy, to reach new markets and make your products known worldwide.
At Atlas we have a solid knowledge base on the presentation and implementation of agri-food promotion programmes, having managed +3.5M€ in campaigns in 2022 and are the implementing body of 4 programmes only in 2023.
If you still have doubts about whether your organisation is eligible for EU co-funding, we have answered the most frequently asked questions. Click to see the answers and if you want to know more, don't hesitate to contact us!